Wednesday 5 August 2009

An Introduction and a Mission Statement

My entry into Napoleonic wargaming is entirely cliché. I began making Airfix models at nine (mostly tanks and aeroplanes) before being introduced to Games Workshop around eleven. Through my teens I was up to my knees in Dwarves and Hobbits, before veering off at a tangent into RPGs. Endless repeats of Sharpe and Hornblower got me intrigued about the Napoleonic period, and coupled with the recent advent of hard plastic Napoleonic-era miniatures, I decided to take the plunge.

I want this blog to be a record of the process of going from complete newbie to hardened grognard. Learning the history, doing the research, and collecting the forces that hopefully I'll lead to victory.

En Avant, mes légions en plastique!

No comments:

Post a Comment